In this part, you develop your ability to influence the design of various organizational control instruments. When you have to manage the financial management of the business, you are faced with various goal conflicts, such as the priority between volume growth and profit margin.
The accounting and calculation can then be used to facilitate the handling of these goal conflicts. With the right management and follow-up, it becomes easier for employees and managers to make financially sustainable decisions in the business.
Module 3 - BUSINESS CASE
In the final part of the training, in a group with other participants, you have the opportunity to create a financially substantiated business case for a business or business development project.
In it, you concretize the impact goal for a project in terms of profitability (requirements for revenue, costs and capital) and in operational terms (quality, time, equalization of flows, etc.). When you have specified the effect target, you evaluate the financial consequences and risks for the client of the possible solutions.
The project work is carried out for an external client.
- Analyze and assess the current situation that triggered the need for the project
- Identify and specify the effect target
- Evaluate different course of action/solutions for project implementation
- Recommend which course of action/solutions best meet the financial goals
- Critical review of selected models and working methods
As a business and operational manager, you yourself must be able to set requirements for how financial key figures, calculations and the internal accounting should be designed to facilitate your handling of the goal conflicts in the business.
If you unilaterally entrust the responsibility for business management to the financial specialists, there is a great risk that the internal accounting reports and calculation documents will become an end in themselves and not a means to ensure the survival and development of the business.
- Governance model and division of responsibilities
- Performance measurement
- The management process and management of goal conflicts